We complain about life all the time, but what would you think if you suddenly discover that your life might be over sooner than you thought?
Discover what a cancer survivor has to say about life, love, happiness, and reality:
1. Life isn’t always fair, but it’s still good!
2. Life is too short not to enjoy it.
3. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick: your friends and family will.
4. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
5. You don’t have to win every argument. Stay true to yourself.
6. It’s OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
7. Cry with someone. It’s more healing than crying alone.
8. Save for things that matter.
9. Don’t buy stuff you don’t need.
10. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful. Clutter weighs you down in many ways.
11. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up your present.
12. It’s OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn’t be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye… But that’s OK: God never blinks!
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
18. Envy is a waste of time. Accept what you already have, not what you think you need.
19. Whatever doesn’t kill you really does make you stronger.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer!
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. What other people think of you is none of your business.
23. Be eccentric now: don’t wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Face every so-called disaster with these words, “In five years, will this matter?”
27. Always choose Life.
28. Forgive but don’t forget.
29. Overprepare, then relax and go with the flow!
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who you are and who God is, not because of anything you did or didn’t do.
35. Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative — dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood.
38. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back!
41. It’s never too late to be happy. But it’s all up to you and no one else.
42. The best is yet to come…
43. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
45. Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it’s still a gift.
Open your arms and embrace the gift of life: no matter how rough things may be or how they may be turning out, here and now you’re lucky to be alive.
Life is short; spend it happy!
-Stephanie Wong, “Life Lessons Written by a "90-Year-Old" Woman”
If you want to learn more about these topics, you may visit the following sites: